Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Featuring Liberty Blue and Flower Blossoms

I was not sure I could participate with the tablescape memes this week because I am overwhelmed with things to do at home. I was away for over a month and just got back the other night. You can imagine how the house looks after leaving the hubby all that time. Yep! The house looked like Ground Zero, well not exactly but pretty close, lol.
 
But a package greeted me at home, the flower Blossoms kit I won from Sarah of http://hyacinthforthesoul.blogspot.com/ and I was so excited to use the flower blossoms for my centerpiece so I just had a create a table.
 
 

Thank you so much, Sarah. I love everything that came in the package, so unique! I will have so much fun using these.
 I opened the book and was so surprised to see all these beauties. Please visit Sarah's blog and see how she used hers, which was the first time I have seen these paper blossoms. Aren't they pretty cool?
The paper blossom set of cards also came with the package. I might not be able to give these away though, lol. They are just too pretty.
Sarah also posted about Staffordshire's Liberty Blue dishes, which reminded me of mine so I dug them out from storage and used  them with the paper blossom centerpiece. As you can see, this post was all inspired by Sarah! It is also timely since the dishes would be appropriate to use for Independence Day, which is approaching soon. If you want more info about these dishes, visit Sarah's post.



See my paper flower blossom centerpiece? I had to pick one with blue in it. Doesn't it perk up the table?

I also pulled out my vintage blue glass salt and pepper shakers.

The blue wine glasses are from Mikasa and the bubble glass with blue and white stems are part of my Polish pottery collection.
I like to use my pewter flatware when creating an Americana table. It makes me go back to the federal period.
 I complemented the paper blossoms with 2 terracotta colored tin pots with silk flowers. The place mats are Spode's Blue Italian.


You can see the small bowl on top with Betsy Ross and the American flag. The dinner plate features the Independence Hall and the dessert plate shows the Old North Church. I thought I had salad plates and cups too but they could be in another box, because the box where I took these from was already full.

The ceramic blue rose napkin rings are by Royal Albert.

I leaned a flag by the window and added a red, white and blue candle on the table to be more patriotic.

Isn't the paper dragon fly so cute?
Thank you so much for everything, Sarah, and thank you all for stopping by. A special thanks to the hostesses.
Centerpiece Wed
Kathleen's Let's Dish
Paula's What's It Wed
Katherine's Favorite Things Thursday
Susan's Tablescape Thursday
Ready to Waltz, It's Party Time
 

12 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

Christine, I think this is one of your prettiest tables ever! The beautiful dishes look stunning with the sun coming in and even the view of your flag outside. It's so great that you won Sarah's giveaway, it looks like the paper flowers were fun to make, I like the dragonfly, too.

Now that you have two homes you will understand how out of sorts I can be most of the time! You are going to need cleaning help at both places!

XO,
Jane

Vel Criste said...

I think this is one of my fave of your tablescapes Christine!!! It is simply beautiful and the dinner set is to-die-for! Love you mixed in the paper flowers!!! perfect!

Crystal Grandeur said...


Everything looks so pretty.The paper flowers goes matching with the dishes and something different to see.love your blue wear.Hugs...Sujatha...:):)

Glenda/MidSouth said...

So Pretty - You did a great job on the table setting! One of my favorite combinations - cobalt blue and white. Congrats on winning the giveaway.
Hope you are having a great week.

Ivy and Elephants said...

The table is so beautiful, just perfect for the 4th of July! What a fabulous gift you won, it makes such lovely centerpieces.
Hugs,
Patti

Mary said...

Sarah is such a sweetheart and the paper blossoms make such fun and unique ready-made centerpieces! Love your Liberty Blue dishes~ perfectly patriot and I love your vintage blue S&Ps!

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Beautiful Blue! and Betsy Ross, how much more patriotic can this be ;-) sweet flowers, too!

Marigene said...

Gorgeous table...you did Liberty Blue proud, Christine! The Polish seeded stems go nicely with the china. I love the paper flower centerpiece.
Have a wonderful week...

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

Gorgeous table! The rose napkin ring looks like it was just "plucked" from the dishes!

Sarah said...

Christine, you did a beautiful job on this table. It's fun to see all these pieces of Liberty Blue. Such a pretty pattern! Thank you for setting a table with these pieces, and for the thoughtful shout out to Hyacinths for the soul. I appreciate it! Enjoy the paper flower arrangements. I've had fun with my book. '-)

Bargain Decorating with Laurie said...

Christine, I had never seen that book until Sarah posted it, and I fell in love with it. Congratulations on your win. Great patriotic tablescape, and I love those Polish stems. laurie

Kathleen said...

That looks so pretty! The Polish pottery glasses are amazing!
Thanks so much for linking to Let's Dish!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday