Thursday, August 1, 2013

Legislative Building and Queen Elizabeth II Garden in Regina, Saskatchewan

 If you read my blog or my FB timeline, you must know I just had a reunion with my College classmates in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada in early July. One of the places we toured was the Legislative Building.
 
The Legislative Building, constructed from 1908-1912, stands majestically on the shores of Regina's Wascana Lake.


The  exterior walls are faced with the cream-coloured tyndall limestone from Manitoba.



Of course my classmates and I had to have a group picture taken, proof that we were there and of our bonding together.


Inside the building, there are 34 different types of marbles.

                        I was very impressed with their enormous library.

Not only is the building really grand, the landscaping is amazing.
Legislative Chamber where the Assembly meets. It can accomodate well over 100 members although it has never expanded to over 66 and has been fixed to 55 members since 1995


Look at all the different types of marbles.

 
 
Across the building is the gorgeous Queen Elizabeth II Garden.



 
 




Of course there were Canadian gueese in the lake, which borders  the garden.
Lots of them!


View of the Legislative Building from Wascana Park.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I am missing my classmates already and it will be more than a year before we all meet again and I am so looking forward to it.
 
I am also very thankful to the hostesses who make these memes fun and possible.
 
Oh the Places I've Been
Seasonal Sunday
Scenic Sunday
Pink Sat
Kathryn at Make it Pretty Monday

8 comments:

Denise said...

Hi Christine,

It's been such a long time since I've visited your blog; don't know where all my time goes. :) I really enjoyed your post -- you look so young in these pictures!

The legislative building in Regina is very impressive; all the marble looks so elegant. I like the library, too; but then, I'm partial to libraries and book stores. :)

The Queen Elizabeth II garden is gorgeous; that would have been my favorite part of the tour. Thanks for sharing with us -- visiting from "Oh the PLACES I've Been." Have a wonderful weekend!

Denise at Forest Manor

Muza-chan said...

Beautiful place to visit :)

FABBY'S LIVING said...

What a great trip and specially the girl friend bonding time! Very fabulous building and the gardens are also amazingly beautiful. This reminded me of an English castle! You look great Christine, like a college girl! I think you cut your hair a little, right? I like it! Hugs,
FABBY

Vel Criste said...

Simply lovely Christine! Thank you for taking us along! You and your classmates all look happy and pretty!

Mary @ The World Is A Book said...

What a beautiful building and its surrounding gardens. I've never been to Saskatchewan so what a treat to see this. How wonderful to have reunions like these. Looks like a fun one!

Terra said...

Christine you are so pretty, and I like to see all the laughter going on among your friends. The building and gardens are handsome and I like the statue of the young Queen on her horse, wearing the hat with what may be the Scottish thistle on it.

Diane said...

Christine, this is such a great tour. I have never been to that part of Canada - only Quebec Province. How wonderful to experience all of that beauty with good friends! The gardens are gorgeous and I would love to have all of that marble in my home - well, maybe, not - lol!! However, it is perfect there!!

The Tablescaper said...

Thanks for sharing your wonderful reunion. What a gorgeous building a such great history.

Lovely to have have you at Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday