Thursday, September 19, 2013

Park Lake City, Utah last 4th of July, 2013

 
I am long overdue in posting this but as most of you know, I have been out of town for most of the summer. One week of that, the 4th of July week to be exact, John and I spent it in Park Lake City, UT, to join his daughter and her family. They  live in FL but they own a condo at the ski resort there. I don't really ski (and I stop John from skiing because he has not done so for so long and is not really fit right now), so we like to visit in the summer.
 
They have a big parade on Independence Day and it seemed like all of Park City residents were there. The shuttle buses were standing room only. And of course, we did not want to miss the big event either.
 
Here I am with the 3 grandkids, Noah, Zoe and Holden.

Even John wore red, white and blue. Aren't the flowers gorgeous? They have so many flowers everywhere and so healthy. It must be the cooler weather and the snow that had melted from the past winter months.
 Yep, Kerri is carrying her 4th  who is due very soon. Isn't she cute with her patriotic maternity tank top?
 ....and so the parade began
I won't say much since the photos speak for themselves. Just enjoy them!




















Thank you so much for stopping by.
Thanks also to the wonderful hostesses!
Oh The Places I've Been
Sarah's Homemaking Weekend Link Up party 
Festive Friday Fiesta
Kathryn's Anything Blue Friday
Seasonal Sunday

8 comments:

Ann said...

This area of Utah looks so beautiful, have never got a chance to visit that state. I adore 4th of July parades--everyone is feeling so PROUD of our country and red, white and blue abound. Thanks for sharing.
Ann

Glenda/MidSouth said...

I have never been to that part of our country - Thanks for sharing your trip there. I have never skidded and don't know that I ever wanted to - I am NOT well coordinated. :-D Sounds and looks like you and family had a fun time!
Enjoy your weekend.

Sarah said...

Beautiful patriotic parade, Christine. So glad you captured this and are sharing it with us.

The Tablescaper said...

This looks like such a spectacular place and a perfect place to celebrate the 4th!

- The Tablescaper

Jana Iverson Last said...

Your photos are wonderful!

We visited Park City a couple of summers ago. We weren't there on the 4th of July though. But we did visit Main Street and the Olympic Park there in Park City.

Vel Criste said...

What a gorgeous place! never been there and looks so much fun too! glad you all had a blast!

Noel Morata said...

Nothing like watching a local parade with fun and quirky characters only the locals would love :)

Mary @ The World Is A Book said...

I love all the colors and patriotism. I've never gone to Utah's ski resorts during the summer but I may have to change that with scenery and celebrations like these.

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday