Friday, January 23, 2015

A Romantic Dinner in Paris

 
I thought about creating a Valentine's table with a Parisian theme for 2 reasons. First, I don't think there is a city more romantic than Paris. And then I thought about the recent occurrence there from the terrorists' attacks killing so many innocent people. My heart goes out to them and the families they left behind.
 I started with a lace tablecloth. I think lace looks romantic, don't you?
 I am downsizing because hubby is retiring at the end of this month and we are moving to our home in Florida, which is a lot smaller than our house here. In the process, I saw this set of dinnerware and an idea just clicked.

 I used my tin plate chargers. The piercing makes it look romantic too, I think. And I see some heart shapes on the edges.
 I bought this little glass Eiffel Tower while walking along the street of Paris Flea market. I love how it changes to different colors.

 I borrowed the flower napkin rings from the items that I am selling on my FB site. If you have a FB site and you want me to add you to my Moving Sale site, even if you are just curious, send me a request at https://www.facebook.com/groups/1386140495020466/




 I borrowed the fairy lamp from my Moving Sale site too but I am thinking of keeping it. I really like it.









 I pulled out my red and white transferware tea set and 2 heart tea cups.
 I was going to use these tea cups for Valentine last year but I could not find them. They finally got rediscovered again.
 I love the shape of this set. I bought it from a closing antique store downtown about 2 years ago.
Just sharing a picture taken on the Eiffel Tower when John and I had dinner there with my nephew and niece, almost 2 years.
 Just want to give you an idea of how massive this tower is, if you have not been there. Here is the base and see all the people underneath?
Thank you all for your visit. I hope you all have a nice Valentine's Day. It is still a few more weeks to go but I was getting tired seeing our kitchen table looking like a yard sale, so I finally got it cleared out and created a tablescape. Hope you enjoyed it.
 
Thanks to all the hostesses of these parties I am joining:

Beverly's Pink Saturday


Christine's Table it Monday


Masterpiece Monday


Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday


Cindy's Amaze me Monday


Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday


Kathy's A Return To Loveliness


Sandi's Teatime Tues


Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea


Martha and Terri's Teacup Tues


Maria Elena's Tuesdays at Our Home


Paula's What's It We
Centerpiece Wed
Share Your Cup Thursday
Bernideen's Tea Time


Tablescape Thursday

Home Sweet Home
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
 

25 comments:

Salmagundi said...

Nice reminder of Paris at its best. I loved my two visits there. Sally

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love the romantic Paris theme for Valentines...perfect!
All the cute elements for the romantic table I love, specially the lighted Eiffel Tour. The dishes are the icing on the cake.
You both look romantic too.
FABBY

Beth said...

What a beautiful and romantic tablescape, Christine! Love the pic of you and John at the Eiffel Tower too. I'm pleased that John is retiring so you two can spend more time together and be closer to your family. You'll miss your beautiful home with that gorgeous garden and pool!
Love both of your Eiffel towers and your flatware, and the coffee/tea set and Valentine teacups. Really lovely! :)

Vel Criste said...

What a wonderful tribute for 2 reasons, for the city itself and for the victims. I love the Eiffel towers you added there!

Sarah said...

Your tribute to Paris and the romance of Valentine's Day makes me smile. ;-)
Love the photo of the Eiffel Tower glowing.

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

I too love thing of Paris and everything about it.
You give me inspiration .I love Love your tea set never seen one like that
The detail is perfect
HPS
Laura

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Christine. I am so glad to find you here with us today.

Your table looks just perfect to honor the French. You always create beauty. And, I love the photo of you and your husband.

Good luck with your downsizing and move. Where in Florida is your home? fyi - I love a request to view your Facebook page.

Crystal Grandeur said...


When you think of Paris you think of romance. I love the theme. Looks beautiful. I too bought a glass Eiffel tower when we went to Paris. The cup with hearts just apt for the setting. You both look gorgeous.Your post is much loved. Hugs sujatha:)

bj said...

Your Paris theme is just perfect for Valentines.
How fun to be retiring and moving to your smaller home. I know you love it there.
hugs

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Another lovely table, Christine. Love the lace tablecloth and I have a thing for Eiffel Towers. I have several. I have a Valentines teacup too but mine isn't as pretty a shape as yours. Yours are really cute! Thank you for joining me for tea and helping me to celebrate my Tea Party Anniversary. Hope your move goes smoothly.

Blessings,
Sandi

Margie said...

I adore the heart teacups. I'm so glad that you rediscovered them in time for Valentine's Day!

Antiques And Teacups said...

Beautiful table. I love your teacups with the hearts. So cute...glad you found them! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Snap said...

What a wonderful tablescape for Valentine's day. You have so many beautiful things. I don't envy you downsizing. So glad you found the teacups (too cute) for Valentine's Day. They are perfect. Happy Tea Day!

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

Retirement and downsizing - so many good things come out of both but it's the journey to get there!
Your romantic Paris table is pretty and I think I have the same teacup that I'll pull out for Valentine teas.
A very nice photo of you and your hubby.

Beth in NEPA said...

Lovely post. I don't envy you the downsizing work but you will enjoy the results I am sure. We did the same nearly 15 years ago. Unfortunately we did it and then just got more stuff along the way.... LOL

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

Ooh la la! What a romantic table, Christine. I so love your tea for two. The cups are darling, and the teapot with sugar and creamer is soooo lovely. I adore the Cupid on the front.
Best of luck in your downsizing and your move to your place in Florida.

Creations By Cindy said...

Love your romantic tablescape with the Paris theme. So pretty! Love the picture of you and your hubby too. I would love to one day go to Paris. Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. I always look forward to seeing what your next tablescape will be. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

Jennelise said...

This is just beautiful! Very romantic!
Jennelise

candlelightsupper said...

Just beautiful. Love all the dishes. The cupids are adorable.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful table and love those bowls. Your Eiffel Tower is a wonderful touch!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

Pretty table Christine! Those dishes are perfect. Love the Eiffel Tower piece. How lucky you are to actually been to the real one! I wish you luck on selling things and downsizing. Not a fun job.

Kathy said...

Hello Christine, your tablescape is perfect for Valentines - Paris is so very romantic! I will be featuring your post in this week's A Return to LOVELINESS,
Kathy

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Christine, what a beautifully romantic table! Someday I will need to downsize as well. Don't want to leave my kids overwhelmed. lol! Best of luck! It will be fun to live in Florida! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

The Charm of Home said...

First time I saw the Eiffel Tower on a blog like your picture, I couldn't believe how big it was. Great photos!Thank you for joining Home Sweet Home!
Sherry

FABBY'S LIVING said...

You are featured my friend, at a
A Return to Loveliness.
I love this table for Valentine's.
The pic of you and John is lovely.
Good news about little Rea makes me so happy. Blessings always.
FABBY

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday