Friday, June 23, 2017

A Casual Dinner Using Polish Pottery Square Plates, 6/19/2017

I am still in my red, white and blue mood and maybe will be until the 4th of July. I love these Polish pottery square plates and wanted to show the different patterns that's why I did not layer them with salad plates or bowls. After all, I wasn't serving any salad nor soup. It was a casual dinner with my daughter and her family from next door. As many of you know, we alternate cooking for dinner and it just so happened to be my turn on this night.




PP S & P shakers

I bought the wooden floral napkin rings from Budapest, Hungary.
The red flatware set were from Target.

 I love mixing my Polish Pottery plate patterns.





 A simple dinner menu: rice, chicken and pork adobo and corn on a cob.



PP cruet where I serve my soy sauce and fish sauce.


 2 of my grandkids couldn't wait to eat.
 Our dessert: various fresh berry tarts




Thank you so much for stopping by and many thanks to the hostesses of the memes I am linking with.

Anything Goes" Pink Saturday
Christine's Dishing It and Digging It
Kathryn's Make it Pretty Monday
Chloe's Celebrate it Monday
Bernideen's Tea Time, Cottage and Garden Blog Party!
Ruth's Tuesday Cuppa Tea
Julie's Talk of the Town Tuesday
Marty's Inspire Me Tuesday
Show and Share
Share Your Cup
Tablescape Thursday
Home Matters
Kathy's Home and Garden Thursday
Tablescape Thursday
Share your Style Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Kate's Flaunt it Friday
Foodie Fri and Everything Else

 

14 comments:

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

Hi, Christine! It look like a yummy dinner, for certain. The 3rd and 4th patterns are my favorites. So pretty. It must be such fun to have the grands right next door. What cuties! :-)

Vel Criste said...

Love it Christine! I think this will be perfect for my home too! LOL! ;-)

Louca por porcelana said...

Beautiful blue and white pieces!Have a lovely weekend!

LV said...

What a lovely table setting. You did a super job for your turn. Thanks for stopping by my place.

Amy said...

You always have lovely and gorgeous table settings! If mine look as good as yours, I would definitely keep it until July 4th as well! :) Have a lovely weekend!

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Christine,
Love your Polish dinnerware, it is beautiful....love that all the plates are different....also makes a very lovely table. How nice that your daughter lives next door and that yall alternate cooking........what a fun and helpful
situation that is...........Know everyone must have loved your table.
Blessings,
Nellie

Creations By Cindy said...

Love your polish look Christine and I really love that silverware. Girl, you always do an amazing tablescape! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

kitty@ Kitty's Kozy Kitchen said...

The Polish dinnerware makes for such happy place setting, Christine! I love the red flatware with it, and I also love the tea set. It is perfect for the 4th!
it must be fun living next door to you daughter and family, and taking turns on cooking.

Margie said...

I always enjoy seeing your pretty Polish pottery. I liked how your family's cooking schedule allows you to spend more time with family and less time cooking!

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Christine. I love Polish pottery, too. The colors and patterns are so interesting and bright. And, your menu sounds delicious.

This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday post this week as "the one with the most clicks". Thank you for sharing, and for making Pink Saturday special.♥

Crystal Grandeur said...

Love the Polish pottery... Cool for summer servings. Everything looks pretty. Love Sujatha:)

Sylvia said...

Christine, They are lovely, bright and beautiful plates. The floral one is my favorite. Your meal I'm sure was delicious. Thanks for sharing and have a great week. Sylvia D.

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Those square plates are gorgeous Christine! Fun that you take turns cooking. Our oldest son is living in our basement for a while. They sold their home fast and are building a new ones. We often eat together. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Blogoratti said...

Lovely looking dinnerware and well set out. Great photos indeed, greetings!

Popular Posts

Blog Archive


Mary's Masterpiece Monday

Susan's Metamorphosis Monday

Tea Cup Tuesday

Tablescape Thursday

Fertilizer Friday

Pink Saturday